Mission: To provide classroom training to PSAPs in areas with little or no training resources while bringing attention to TNT.
- Create a list of TNT Trainers, their geographical area, and their area of expertise.
- Create list of ways that TNT can assist (pay for travel, trainer pay, sponsor food, etc.).
- Re-implement Train the Trainer sessions at TNT Meetings.
EEOC (Educate, Encourage, Outreach, & Communication) Committee
Mission: Provide outreach and education to agency administrators and TCs around the state about the Texas 9-1-1 trainers by encouraging participation and attendance.
- Compile a database of agency administrators throughout the state to include contacting CSEC, MECDA cities & the alliance; SAT, Chief’s Association, Fire Chiefs, University PDs, EME directors, City Managers & County Judges, Chief Deputies Association, Office of Emergency Managers, State DPS Offices, Texas APCO & Texas NENA.
- Create a list of the benefits of participating in the TNT group.
- List of benefits of membership.
- Educate and promote the Texas 9-1-1 Trainers mission and communicate training opportunities throughout the state.
- Communicate training opportunities throughout the state.
- Encourage participation by Telecommunicators.
SMH (Social Media Hotspot) Committee
Mission: Encourage Texas Trainers to engage, interact, and inspire each other through Social Media
- Create a TNT Blast (2-3) minute training.
- Getting to Know Your Texas Trainer.
- Dynamite Training (Kudos, accomplishments, trainee accomplishments).
- TNT News & Resources (TCOLE updates, Texas Telecommunicators in the News).
RRTC (Regional Representative & Regional Trainer Coordinator) Committee
Mission: Facilitate opportunities for trainers to share solutions.
- Establish regions – possibly by COGs and Districts.
- Assign trainers to represent each region.
- Build kick-off meeting agenda.
- Establish how to advertise/attract trainers to attend.
- Reps hold 1st meeting.
- Reps report back at quarterly TNT meeting.
Online Outreach Committee
Mission: To achieve ongoing training for Public Safety Professionals.
- Create a distribution email list
- Determine the wants and needs of our audience (survey/poll)
- Involve TNT members and instructors for training projects